This utterly delicious slightly salty, nutty and sweet sharing slab is ideal for a cosy night with the family. Well, I say that but it’s so yummy you might not want to share! It’s so simple and quick to make, making the perfect autumnal treat.
YOU WILL NEED
For the Base:
- 600g of your favourite chocolate. I've used 1 x 200g bar of dark chocolate and 2 x 200g bars of milk chocolate, this adds some interesting swirls.
- Mushroom Sweets
- 100g white chocolate
- Red food colouring paste
- Handful of pecans, crushed.
- White chocolate buttons
- Milky Way magic stars
- Slated pretzels
You will also need:
- Baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Palette Knife
- Pestle and mortar, or something to crush the pistachios
- Heatproof bowls
1. To begin, prepare the sprinkles. For the red caps of the toadstools, melt the white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set on top of a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted.
2. Remove the bowl from the hob and mix in the red food colouring paste ( it is important to use paste not the liquid colourings) until the chocolate turns a good deep red colour. Please protect your hands with a tea towel or oven glove as the bowl will be very hot.
3. Have a plate ready that can be transferred to the fridge. You will need around 8-10 mushrooms. Simply dip the top cap of the mushroom into the red-coloured white chocolate.
4. Place the dipped toadstools onto the plate, on their sides.
5. Once you have dipped all of the mushrooms place the plate in the fridge.
6. Next shell a handful of the pistachios and grind in the pestle and mortar.
7. Now your sprinkles are ready, place them all in a bowl or plate ready to add to the chocolate slab.
8. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
9. Melt the base chocolate, you will need 600g in total.
10. Once smooth and runny, pour centrally on top of the baking paper. With the pallet knife smooth into a slab, between 6-10mm deep.
11. First, add the mushrooms randomly spaced, then the pretzels, white chocolate buttons and stars. Finish by sprinkling with the pistachio.
12. Transfer the chocolate slab on the baking sheet to the fridge cool fully and harden. Once you are ready to serve, remove it from the fridge and crack away!